APPLY TO JOIN THE KIDS TEAM
Thank you so much for expressing an interest in our Kids Ministry here at Encompass Church. We believe that serving in kids is one of the most rewarding ministries you can be involved in. The approval process is designed to ensure that we meet the strict government guidelines for duty of care when working with children. Upon completion, it shows that the Senior Pastors trust you to care for the children in the church on their behalf.
Below are the 3 initial steps to apply to join one of our kids teams. After joining a team, a reference check will be done and an interview with the team leader will follow.
1. ETEAM APPLICATION FORM & CODE OF CONDUCT
All team members are required to complete a volunteer application and Code of Conduct. It is an integral part of our duty of care to the kids and their families of the Church.
This application form enables us to know more about you – your contact details, your background, your interests and passions and your references. Please be yourself and be honest in your application.
Before you fill out the form, please read through the relevant policy documents listed on the page. Once finished please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand it in to your team leader.
Once this has been handed in and you have submitted your WWCC, you will be allocated to a team serving one service, once every three weeks
2. WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK
To ensure that we create the safest possible environment for our children, we require every team member over 18 years old, to get a Working With Children Check (WWCC) before they go on roster. This is also a requirement by law.
Instructions on how to apply for a WWCC
Click on the link below to get started.
- Select 'Start Application'
- Select Volunteer Application (there is no fee for a volunteers application)
- Enter your Personal contact details
- Enter Organisation details:
Organisation Name: Encompass Church
Postal Address: PO Box 1070, Bundoora, 3083
Phone Number: 9467 6777
Occupational Work Code: 64 – Religious Organization
- Once you have finished, print the application form and bring it to a post office along with supporting proof of identity documents and a passport photo. Once you have submitted your application, you should receive an email confirming your submission.
- Please forward a copy of your confirmation email to email@example.com as proof of your submission so you can begin serving.
3. ONLINE TRAINING
Our priority is to make sure that we are complying with working with children policy on every level and one way that we need to do this is have team complete two online training modules related to Child Safety.
There are 2 online training modules to complete:
1. ‘Mandatory Reporting’ Online Module (from Victoria State Government)
2. ‘Keeping Children and Vunerable People Safe’ Online Module (from ChildSafe)